Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Here, I'll Save You Some Money For A Therapist

So the truth is that I've struggled with severe depression for a long time, and every now and then it spins completely out of my control. I manage it, but it flares up. So I was walking around work today trickling tears and wondering how many days (or weeks) it would take me to get out of this blue funk I'm in. Then I was assigned the task pounding buckets of shea butter closed with a sledgehammer, and it was FUN. I kind of freaked my coworkers out a little by how much I enjoyed it. I was in three years of church-sponsored psychotherapy a few years back, but I'm telling you this is the best therapy ever (I still respect your mad therapeutic skillz, Bad Dawg!). By the end of the day I was singing and dancing around. And the best part is, I got paid to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment