Thursday, April 8, 2010

Far, Far Away...

Now that Shayne and I are in Logan, my very favorite author of all time, Laurie Notaro, has released a newsletter announcing that she will be doing a book signing in Seattle. I want to use the word "irony," but I'm not completely sure it applies. I indulged in a moment of fantasizing that I would actually drive to Seattle to attend the signing, but really that would be foolish. And anyway, I bought her new book on Kindle. What am I going to do, have her sign the screen?

Alas! I won't be meeting Laurie this time. And I haven't read her new book, Spooky Little Girl, quite yet, but I highly recommend The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death (http://www.amazon.com/Idiot-Girl-Flaming-Tantrum-Death/dp/081297574X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270761294&sr=1-1 ), which made me laugh until I cried. I've often remarked that one of my reasons for existing is to make others feel better about their own selves, and Laurie is a kindred spirit. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only Idiot Girl in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment