Monday, August 2, 2010

I love It When Shayne Works At Walmart

I confess -- I treat my husband as a sort of supermarket go-fer just because he works at Walmart. It's so convenient. All I have to do is text him. "If you bring home some ground meat I'll make meatloaf for dinner." Bam. Done. I don't have to brave the crowded Walmart with my sweaty, flushed, overheated, sore-footed self. I can just sit at home reading and the groceries come to me.

Here's another confession -- ever since I was introduced to the website, peopleofwalmart.com, I've been paranoid about going to Walmart without looking nice. I know. This is a weird fear. At one point I was looking at a picture on the site, and the caption read something along the lines of, "Haven't people figured out by now that someone is walking around Walmart taking pictures of them?" WHAT? Oh, no. And no matter how much Shayne assures me that I don't look like the people on the site, there's always this nagging sort of possibility that one day I may log on and be both outraged and mortified to see a picture of myself in my work clothes, stopping in for something quick on my way home from work. Yeah. I'm afraid someone with catch me wearing jeans and a T-shirt, as if that were normal.

But when Shayne works at Walmart? I just don't have to worry about it as much. And I like that a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment