Friday, June 25, 2010

I Am The Girl Who Loves Vintage.

I've liked vintage things for a long time. I've always loved maniacal shopping trips to the thrift store where I pick up all sorts of crazy things, like an old clown costume that I wore as pajamas. Or an insane psychedelic dress I wore in a school play. Or vintage housewares, or jewelry, or what have you.

I suppose it's not a coincidence that my love of vintage items has blossomed into a full-blown romance just at the time that Shayne and I moved to Logan and became very poor. Sadly, my new relationship with vintage is nudging away my fading love affair with the color red. I want to redecorate, and this time I want all sorts of colors. Wonderful, bright, riotous, clashing colors. I don't want anything to match! Each item must be unique and completely at odds with everything around it.

And I think it will work. Either that, or someone will turn me in to the tacky house tv show and they make me change it all. But for now...joyous, bouncy, fresh, bright, happy color!

In related news, I have found the perfect fondue pot and a lot of vintage fondue cookbooks, along with a fondue journal that I believe will help me to achieve my fondue goals. My children will either throw all my things away the moment they ship me off to the nursing home, or they will treasure these silly things and marvel at their mother's summer of fondue.

No comments:

Post a Comment