Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Job

OK, so I went in for my first day of training. I'm a jaded soul, and I tend to be very skeptical about my ability to like, let alone do well at, call center jobs. But from what I've seen so far, this one appears to be pretty cool. So I heave a sigh of relief and feel grateful to have a job.

And I can once again support my craft habit (I hope)! So I'm kicking off the summer by enrolling in a class called Red Velvet Summer Camp and I am sooooo excited to get down and jam out some craft projects. Nothing makes me feel more content or more alive than creating something I find beautiful, and this class will provide tutorials for thirty different projects (eeeeee!).

The summer camp doesn't start till June 14, but there is consolation for me: Creative Boot Camp! It isn't about crafts but about whatever artistic medium most speaks to you - in my case, writing. I need a shove. I can never be a writer if I never write anything, right?

So the moral of the story is that I am STOKED about this summer and rarin' to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment