Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sandra Lee, The Superhoarder

So whenever I watch an episode of Semi Homemade with Sandra Lee, I marvel anew at her capacity for buying all new junk to decorate her table. She calls the array a "tablescape" and she decorates so much that I can't even imagine there's still room for food. And since her theme is different for every show, she has all new supplies every day -- dishes, napkins, silverware, vases, napkin rings, place card holders, oh my gosh!

If Shayne is in the room with me, I never fail to mention how she buys all new crap every time. His standard response is, "Yep, her husband hates her." And I can see why. I'm imagining that, after several years of doing this, she has filled several rooms of her house (and possibly one or two other houses as well, along with numerous storage lockers) with shelving units that groan and sag under the weight of her decorative bounty. She has separate table settings for every imaginable holiday and occasion, and often several different versions. Aaaaaagh!

Oh, and it's not just her table she decorates. Her set kitchen is decorated with a different theme for every show. So if her theme for the day is a tea party, she'll have lots of pink ceramics, ruffled curtains, rose-patterned placemats, etc. On cinco de mayo there will be bright fiestaware in festive colors.

Ugh. I should just read. That's what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment